Once again, Family Health Center, Inc. is among the very best community health centers in the United States, according to the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA).In November, HRSA released the 2023 list of honorees, and Family Health Center earned EIGHT “Community Health Quality Recognition” badges – more than any other community health center in the State of Mississippi. And as impressive as that is, two badges in particular stand out from the rest:
- Health Center Quality Leader – Gold: This badge indicates that FHC is among the Top 10 percent of all Federally Qualified Health Centers in the U.S. in overall clinical quality measures performance. Only 149 of about 1,400 FQHCs received this badge – and FHC was one of them.
- National Quality Leader – Cancer Screening: This badge is awarded to CHCs who excel at making sure patients are screened for cancer. The year 2023 is the first year that HRSA has awarded this badge – and FHC was one of only 17 FQHCs to receive it.
“At Family Health Center, our staff and providers work really hard for our patients,” said Dr. Rashad N. Ali, chief executive officer. “We’re certainly honored and proud of the recognition, but it all comes back to how we care for our patients. We believe everyone deserves high quality healthcare, regardless of how much money they have, and we carry that mentality with us every day.”
Here is the list of additional badges awarded to Family Health Center:
- Access Enhancer: Increases the total number of patients served and the number of patients who receive at least one comprehensive service (mental health, substance abuse, vision, dental, and/or enabling) by at least 5%.
- Addressing Social Risk Factors to Health: Recognizes health centers that are screening for social risk factors impacting patient health and are increasing access to enabling services.
- Advancing HIT: Meets all criteria to optimize HIT services that advance telehealth, patient engagement, interoperability, and collection of social determinants of health data to increase access to care and advance quality of care.
- Health Disparities Reducer: Demonstrates improvements in select CQMs during consecutive UDS reporting years (2020 and 2021 UDS) for at least one racial/ethnic groups; or meets established benchmarks for all racial/ethnic groups served within the most recent UDS reporting year.
- National Quality Leader – Heart Health: Represents health center awardees and LALs that meet or exceed national benchmarks for one or more of the clinical quality measure (CQMs) groups that promote behavioral health, heart health, diabetes health, HIV prevention and care, and maternal and child health.
- Patient Centered Medical Home: Achieves PCMH recognition in one or more delivery sites.
Family Health Center, Inc. is an award-winning Federally Qualified Health Center providing high-quality, affordable healthcare services for residents of Jones, Jasper, Clarke, Smith and Wayne Counties in Southeast Mississippi. Family Health Center offers a range of services, including adult/internal medicine, OB/GYN care, pediatrics, dental care and a discount pharmacy for FHC patients. Family Health Center’s sliding fee scale puts affordable care within reach for more than 17,000 uninsured and underinsured Mississippians.
For media inquiries or additional information, please contact:
Lee Eric Smith, Director of Marketing and Communications
Office: 601-399-1969 • Cell: 662-216-0086 • Email: [email protected]