Family Health Center, Inc.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Registered Nurse serves as a member of the medical center’s Provider team providing therapeutic nursing care for patients of the Family Health Center, Inc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides nursing support to the medical providers:
- Assists medical providers during routine examinations and procedures, as well as during medical emergencies as indicated.
- Assists staff in care coordination for patients and their families
- Ensures that Purchase Requisitions are filled out properly and submitted for departmental supplies;
- Directs flow of patients in Adult Medicine
- Gives guidance, assistance or fills in as needed for licensed nursing staff and auxiliary workers.
- Performs patient telephone triage, assesses needs, and coordinates needs with medical staff.
- Assesses walk-in patients for same day appointments and if no appointment is available, follows up to schedule appointments
- Exercises independent judgment when triaging patients
- Communicates pertinent information to physicians regarding patient care
- Assists patients in obtaining medication refills
- Attends required meetings and participates in communities, as requested
- Instructs families in care and in maintenance of health and prevention of disease for family members.
- Gives treatments to patient following physician’s instructions.
- Assists community members and health field personnel to assess, plan for, and provide needed health and related services.
- Refers patients with social and emotional problems to Social Services and other community agencies for assistance.
- Participates in programs to safeguard health of our patients, including child health, school health, group instruction for parents, and immunization programs.
- Participates in health fairs in accordance with clinic programs and goals
- Monitors charts for completeness for Diabetic Collaborative patients
- Inputs data for diabetic collaborative patients
- Provides technical assistant to staff on use of equipment for diabetic patient.
- Performs foot exam for diabetic patients.
- Directs treatment of patient by Licensed Practical Nurses and Medical Assistants
- Assists Nursing Supervisor with organizing, implementing and keeping nursing standards and policies.
- Performs other duties necessary to achieve the goals of the organization.
The Registered Nurse reports to and is supervised by the Director of Nursing.
The evaluation of work performance will be ongoing and will be carried out by the Director of Nursing. It will include the specific duties and responsibilities of this position description plus employee attitude and general working behavior. Formal evaluation will normally be performed annually, but may be initiated at other times by the Director of Nursing or Chief Medical Officer. At least annually, the evaluation will incorporate relevant findings of the health center’s quality assessment and improvement program.
- Be licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Mississippi.
- An Associate or Bachelor’s of Science degree in nursing.
- Demonstrate competence to perform the nursing aspects of primary health care services.
- Ability to relate with warmth and understanding to the patients and staff of the Family Health Center, Inc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms talk and hear. The employee must occasionally walk and stand, lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in this environment is moderate.
The salary for this position is determined by the Chief Executive Officer in accordance with the policies and procedures approved by the Board of Directors.
From $21.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Masks are required when providing treatment to FHC’s patients.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Associate (Preferred)
- Nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- RN License (Required)
- One location
To apply for this job please visit fhcmaindev.wpengine.com.