Family Health Center, Inc.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Nutritionist serves as a member of the medical center Provider team performing a variety of direct patient care services, including patient teaching and formulating, initiating, and monitoring nutrition plans for patients of Family Health Center, Inc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Obtains complete medical history from the patient, previous medical record, etc.;
- Formulates, initiates, and monitors nutrition plans for each patient;
- Adjusts patient diets according to therapeutic goals and explains diets to patients, families, and other clinical personnel;
- Consults with other members of the health care team, as necessary;
- Assists the Registered Dietician with the Women, Infants, & Children Nutrition program according to federal guidelines;
- Participates in outreach activities related to the WIC program;
- Teaches and counsels patients and families;
- Attends clinic and WIC meetings to increase and maintain skills;
- Possesses the ability to assess, provide, and interpret age specific data;
- Possesses knowledge of growth and development in pediatric, adolescent females, and adult female clients;
- Exhibits age appropriate communication skills; and
- Performs other necessary duties as required by the department supervisor to meet the goals of providing primary health care services.
The Nutritionist reports to and is supervised by the WIC Director.
The evaluation of work performance will be ongoing and will be carried out by the WIC Director. This will include the essential duties and responsibilities of this position description plus employee attitude and general working behavior. Formal evaluation will normally be performed annually but may be initiated at other times by the WIC Director or Chief Medical Officer. At least annually, an evaluation will incorporate relevant findings of the health center’s quality assessment and improvement program.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition Science
- Certification by an appropriate agency as a nutritionist
- Demonstrated competence to provide Nutritionist services to patients in a healthcare setting
- Training, experience, and certification necessary to work with a federally- supported WIC program
- The ability to relate with warmth and understanding to the patients and staff of Family Health Center, Inc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms talk and hear. The employee must occasionally walk and stand, lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in this environment is moderate.
The salary for this position is determined by the Chief Executive Officer in accordance with the policies and procedures approved by the Board of Directors.
From $19.42 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Laurel, MS 39440: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- English (Required)
To apply for this job please visit laurelfamilyhealthcenter.com.