Family Health Center
General Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
The Licensed Social Worker will be responsible for assisting FHC’s patients with patient care and lifestyle alternatives related to substance use and mental health disorders and other pertinent medical conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides patient education relating to evidence-based screening and treatment for conditions that co-occur with substance use disorder and mental health services, such as Hepatitis B and C, Ryan White HIV I AIDS counseling, medication treatment and self-management goals/options, and family counseling;
- Conducts home visits to follow up and assist substance abuse and mental health patients with care coordination and to enhance patient relationships and behavioral health outcomes through substance use and mental health education;
- Provides oversight to the Patient/Community Education Specialist and Community Health Worker within the Social Services Department relating to community outreach for mental health and substance abuse services;
- Participates in outreach activities relative to relationship building with academic schools, churches, and civic organizations within FHC’s service area for evidence-based substance use and mental health treatment options and other FHC patient services;
- Coordinates with the Certified Behavioral Health Provider, Ph.D. Social Worker, and/or Chief Medical Officer to determine substance use and mental health continuing education strategies for FHC’s patients; and
- Any other responsibilities that are necessary to provide quality healthcare services to FHC’s patients.
The Licensed Social Worker reports to and is supervised by the Social Services Director and Chief Medical Officer.
The evaluation of work performance will be ongoing and will be carried out by the Social Services Director. It will include the essential duties and responsibilities of this position description plus employee attitude and general working behavior. Formal evaluation will normally be performed annually but may be initiated at other times in accordance with the FHC Employee Handbook.
- Graduated from an accredited college with a bachelor’s degree in social work;
- Possesses a valid Licensed Social Worker (LSW) license from the Mississippi State Board;
- Demonstrates competence to provide social work services to patients of a health care center; and
- Possesses the ability to relate with warmth and understanding to the patients and staff of Family Heath Center, Inc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to fmger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms talk and hear. The employee must occasionally walk and stand, lift and/or move up to IO pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in this environment is moderate.
The salary for this position is determined by the Chief Executive Officer in accordance with policies and procedures approved by its Board of Directors.
$19.00 – $21.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Masks are required with working with patients in FHC’s clinics.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Laurel, MS 39440: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- One location
To apply for this job please visit fhcmaindev.wpengine.com.