Family Health Center, Inc.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) works as part of the health center Provider team and assists the medical care Providers in the provision of primary medical care. The LPN provides direct patient services and performs specifically designated independent procedures consistent with training and experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides nursing support to the medical Providers;
- Obtains and records vital signs, weight, and chief complaint on all patients, as needed;
- Completes medical history on all new patients, unless history is completed by the Physician or Nurse Practitioner;
- Directs patients to an exam room and prepares patients for the medical Provider;
- Assists medical Providers during routine examinations and procedures as well as during medical emergencies, as indicated;
- Assists with patient education using guidelines established by the medical Provider;
- Assures that patient charts are properly maintained with all necessary forms ,including lab reports, consultation reports, etc.;
- Assures that all medical visits are properly recorded in the patients’ charts;
- Maintains proper order and supply of exam room equipment and materials;
- Completes forms for all specific lab tests ordered;
- Administers medications, dresses surgical wounds, and remove sutures, as directed by the medical Provider;
- Assists in cleaning and decontaminating all assigned examination rooms at the end of each day;
- Performs waived lab tests, when ordered (Accucheck, Hbg, Hct, urine dipstick, etc);
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of patients;
- Performs foot exams on diabetic patients;
- Demonstrates patience and understanding when assisting the elderly;
- Schedules referrals and maintains assigned tracking and paperwork that pertains to assigned area;
- Start IV(s) in RN’s absence, if IV certified;
- Keeps work area clean and orderly;
- Exhibits a positive attitude;
- Displays initiative and assertiveness in job duties;
- Participates in department or unit quality improvement activities; and/or
- Other duties as assigned per the Director of Nursing Services and RN Supervisor.
The LPN is supervised by the medical Provider to whom he/she is assigned. The LPN reports to the Director of Nursing Services.
- Demonstrates ability to perform the duties required to assist a medical care Provider in offering primary medical care to patients;
- Possesses a demonstrated understanding of medical office clinical procedures;
- Possesses an ability to relate with warmth and caring to all patients of the Family Health Center, Inc.; and
- Graduated from an accredited school and possesses a State of Mississippi LPN license.
- Monday to Friday
- Healthcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (Required)
- Current State Nursing License
- Day Shift
- Nurses wear own scrubs
Relocation Assistance Provided:
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
To apply for this job please visit fhcmaindev.wpengine.com.