Website Family Health Center, Inc.
General Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
The Insurance Eligibility Specialist is responsible for verifying insurance eligibility to ensure that information is properly recorded in the patient’s record and is responsible for following up with patients who require assistance completing certain applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Verifies insurance eligibility (i.e., Medicaid);
2. Ensures that insurance is active and properly recorded in the patient’s record (i.e., start and term dates);
3. Contacts FHC’s Social Services Department to assist with the Medicaid application process;
4. Assists with the application process relating to FHC’s sliding scale discount program;
5. Reviews patient account balances for accuracy;
6. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending training, reviewing professional publications, and establishing relationships; and
7. Performs other necessary duties as required by FHC’s Administration to meet the goals of the organization.
1. High School Diploma or GED equivalent;
2. Possesses the ability to work independently and accurately and works well with others;
3. Must have typing skills/computer skills and be able to type at least 35 wpm; and
4. Must have experience working with computer applications (i.e., Microsoft Word and Excel).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms talk and hear. The employee must occasionally walk and stand, lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in this environment is moderate.
With regard to the Fair Labor Standards Act, this is not an exempt position.
With regard to the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Act, this is not a “High Risk” position.
With regard to the Americans with Disabilities Act, there are no special requirements beyond those listed in the Physical Demands and Work Environment sections of this Position Description.
The salary for this position is determined by the Chief Executive Officer in accordance with FHC’s policies and procedures adopted by the Board of Directors and with consideration for the unique qualifications of the candidate.
$10.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
All FHC Employees are required to wear masks within FHC’s clinics.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- English (Required)
To apply for this job please visit laurelfamilyhealthcenter.com.