Family Health Center, Inc.
General Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
The Biller (Insurance Clerk) works as part of the Billing Team within the Finance Department with special responsibilities for the processing of insurance claims and billings for services provided to patients by clinical providers. Billers are responsible for billing insurance claims by payer source, posting insurance payments, claim research and correction, and account analyses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates with the Billing Team Leader regarding work assignments;
- Performs timely billing of third-party payers for medical services provided;
- Posts third party payments to appropriate patient accounts;
- Reviews, researches, corrects, and resubmits claims by payer source in a timely manner (including denials and rejections);
- Maintains necessary supplies for the insurance/billing office, such as required forms, etc.;
- Maintains appropriate third-party billing records, provider numbers, billing codes, etc.;
- Assists patients with patient account inquiries;
- Assists with preparing and mailing patient account statements;
- Stays abreast of changes to third party insurances;
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops; reviewing professional publications; and establishing relationships; and
- Performs other necessary duties as required by FHC’s Administration to meet fiscal goals.
- Associate’s degree in a business-related profession (i.e., Medical Billing and Coding or Business Administration) or at least 3 years of experience performing medical coding, billing, or similar job functions;
- Willing to obtain the Community Health Center Billing and Coding Specialist (CH-CBS) certification;
- Demonstrates familiarity with insurance and other third-party billing procedures;
- Possesses the ability to work independently and accurately and works well with others;
- Must have typing skills/computer skills and be able to type at least 35 wpm; and
- Must have one year experience in health care insurance and/or similar industry.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in this environment is moderate.
From $13.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Temperature checks are performed and masks are required.
- Have you been vaccinated for COVID-19?
- Medical Billing: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
To apply for this job please visit fhcmaindev.wpengine.com.