Family Health Center, Inc.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The WIC Certifier serves as a member of the medical center provider team performing a variety of direct patient care services, including patient teaching and formulating, initiating, and monitoring nutrition plans for patients of Family Health Center, Inc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtains complete medical history, previous medical record, etc., from the patient;
- Completes WIC certification and provides nutrition education to WIC clients;
- Consults with other members of the health care team, as necessary;
- Assists the Registered Dietician with the Women, Infants & Children Nutrition program according to federal guidelines;
- Participates in outreach activities related to the WIC program;
- Attends clinic and WIC in-service meetings to increase and maintain skills;
- Possesses the ability to assess, provide, and interpret age specific data;
- Possesses knowledge of growth and development in pediatric, adolescent females and adult female clients;
- Exhibits age-appropriate communication skill; and
- Performs other necessary duties as required by the department supervisor to meet the goals of providing primary health care services.
The WIC Certifier reports to and is supervised by the WIC Director.
The evaluation of work performance will be ongoing and will be carried out by the WIC Director. It will include the essential duties and responsibilities of this position description plus employee attitude and general working behavior. Formal evaluation will normally be performed annually but may be initiated at other times by the WIC Director. At least annually, the evaluation will incorporate relevant findings of the health center’s quality assessment and improvement program.
1. A Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition Science, Registered Dietitian or Licensed Registered Nurse.
2. Meets Mississippi State Department of Health qualifications for WIC Certifier.
3. Demonstrates competence to provide nutrition education services to patient.
4. Possesses the training, experience, and certification(s) necessary to work with a federally-supported WIC program.
5. The ability to relate with warmth and understanding to the patients and staff of Family Health Center, Inc.
6. Maintains a valid Driver’s License to complete required home visits and travel to FHC satellite Clinics.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
With regard to the Fair Labor Standards Act, this is an exempt position.
With regard to the OSHA Blood‑borne Pathogens Act, this is a “High Risk” position.
With regard to the Americans with Disabilities Act there are no special requirements beyond those listed in the Physical Demands, Work Environment, and Qualifications section of this Position Description.
The salary for this position is determined by the Chief Executive Officer in accordance with the policies and procedures adopted by the Board of Directors and with consideration for the unique qualifications of the candidate.
From $21.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Masks are required to by worn in patient areas of the clinic.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Laurel, MS 39440: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
To apply for this job please visit laurelfamilyhealthcenter.com.